Thursday, May 8, 2014

Ultimate Biscuits

The Ultimate Biscuit


 Oh my Lord...Who loves BISCUITS???? There are so many times that I used to think Awwww Biscuits are too hard to make! Naaaa ... Biscuits are a must in this house either for Breakfast, lunch or dinner...I have made biscuits for special occasion parties! There are so many recipes out there for an amazing biscuit..find one you like and make it! I have tried sooooo many different biscuit recipes and I always go back to this one that I have done for years..The only thing is this one is for a BIG crowd!  


Tamara's Biscuit 

5 cups self rising flour
3/4 cup Crisco shortening
2 Tsp. sugar
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 stick of Butter melted

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix dry ingredients together, Cut in shortening until its like course crumbly texture.  Add buttermilk and mix well.  Turn dough out on a floured surface and make sure you have a little flour all over the dough..I push the dough out with my hands first and then I fold it in half and then fold it over again almost like your folding a small hand towel...then I roll it out about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness...I like bigger biscuits!  I don't use a biscuit cutter...I use a coffee cup to cut them out..Put them on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.  While they are baking I melt 1/2 stick of Butter to brush on the biscuits when they come out of the oven...Yummy! (yield 2 dozen)

These are the kind of biscuits I like to make a sandwich out of ! My favorite has mayonnaise egg, cheese, bacon, and a great BIG slice of fresh tomato! Once you have made these biscuits you can get creative and fill them any way your little heart desires! You can also use a smaller cutter and make a lot of biscuits for a special occasion...bridal showers, baby showers, or just even appetizers for a dinner party! Just fill them with something yummy!!! These biscuits are the same ones I make for biscuits and gravy too!!!


Happy Biscuit making!!!

Blessings....Tamara









No comments:

Post a Comment