Thursday, May 1, 2014

Lemon Pepper Grilled Chicken Salad

Lemon Pepper Grilled Chicken Salad





You know there is nothing like an amazing Spring time salad!!! I love to make all kinds of salads and this one is my family's favorites! 

I want to start off by saying that this is a whole meal in itself!  Once you figure out the marinade you want to use on your chicken..or gosh steak too!!! Just do it.. It only take like 30 minutes to marinate the meat while you put together an amazing salad..This is my go to meal when we have had a very busy day out in the yard...So come on let me show you how to make my favorite Lemon Pepper marinated chicken!

Marinate Chicken

Lemon Pepper Marinade

1 pkg Boneless Chicken Breasts (6) family pack for me
3 Tbsp. Tones Lemon Garlic seasoning
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp fresh minced garlic
                                                                           Zest of 1 lemon and squeezed 
                                                  

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.  Place your chicken breasts in a dish, pour the marinated mixture all over your chicken.  Make sure it is on both sides...Let marinate at least for 30 minutes. 
Use a beautiful platter 


Okay so now it is time to construct your salad!  Your salad should be everything that you like!  Use what you have...if you don't keep salad ingredients around then you will have to go shopping! Check out the Local Farmers markets for fresh veggies...when I made this meal I just used what I had...so here goes!

Salad Time

 1 bunch or head of fresh lettuce/ my favorite is mixed greens
1 large tomato sliced
1 English cucumber sliced (I hate seeds)
1/2 fresh onion chopped ( I love purple)
1/2 cup sliced carrots
4 boiled eggs sliced
1 cup shredded mixed cheese

This is all I had to do this salad with...please add all of your favorites ...garbanzo beans and dried cranberries  would have been on here too...ohhhh and bacon pieces!  Don't just construct any old salad..be creative, this one I was just showing you with all that I had to use! I was able to still make an amazing dinner without having to make extra trips to town...Oh and I live like 15 minutes to the closest grocery store soooo...a momma has to do with sometimes what I have on hand! Construct your salad on a beautiful platter...I always look for old beautiful and unusual platters when I'm thrift shopping...This one I used today was given to me from my Grandmother...I believe this one was brought back from Japan. Love it!!!
Almost ready for the table!

You should be ready now to Grill that wonderful chicken!  Today I used my cast iron grill pan..love this thing..I use it all the time..actually when I made this..it was doing one of those spring snows outside.. Yep I was dreaming of Spring!  You will cook your chicken about 10 minutes on both sides..remember you can cut into to a piece to check for doneness.  When juices run clear they are done...Let your chicken rest to distribute juices... When your ready lay your chicken on top of your salad!

My family all loves different salad dressings, Ranch, Honey mustard, and vinaigrette!! So if you can make them home made do it! Also I like to take Pita bread and toast in the oven with a little garlic, olive oil and seasonings brushed on...Cut them into triangles and you have a healthier bread to serve with your meal!
Pita Bread!


Use your pizza cutter...looks yummy! 


Have fun making your own Spring time 
Salad and top it with amazing Lemon Pepper Chicken!


Blessings....  Tamara 















No comments:

Post a Comment