Thursday, April 10, 2014

Chicken Parmesan

Whats For Supper???  Chicken Parmesan !!!

Chicken Parmesan with Garlic mashed Cauliflower

I just can't believe soooo many of my friends don't cook...not all because they can't..just too busy!

Saute breaded chicken

So whats up with that?  When I worked all day at my salon (back in the day) I always had some kind of plan for supper for my family... I prepared a lot on the days that I was not working...grocery shopping, meal planning, budget shopping...and so on...Yep I know where to get the bargains!  I'm totally a bargain shopper!!! I plan my meals around what is on sale that week at the grocery stores...yep stores plural...anyway... There were many days that I worked 10 hours a day and had to know that there would a great healthy meal on the table that night! I used the CROCK POT a lot...and still do!!! So hear goes...I have many people ask me all the time.."So whats for supper at your house tonight?" and when I answer sometimes it must be very intimidating... no worries ladies and gents...if you can follow a recipe you can make it!!!

Today I am going to show you how to make the BEST ever...EASY Chicken Parmesan that your family and hubby will be coming back for more!!

Easy Chicken Parmesan

Chicken with cheeses and sauce...ready to bake!


                                                  4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 jar 28 oz Favorite Pasta sauce (homemade is awesome but not necessary)
3 to 4 cups mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese 
2 cups Italian bread crumbs
salt and pepper 
2 Tbs. oil ( coat your pan good)
Top with the rest of the cheese to melt!


Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix together your Italian bread crumbs on a plate ( if you just have plain breadcrumbs add some garlic powder, salt and pepper and dried Italian seasonings..wollaaaa)
Dip your chicken and coat all over with your breading mixture
Saute chicken in your skillet until golden brown on all sides for a few minutes ( they will cook through in the oven)  Get your 9x13 casserole dish ready, pour a little sauce in the casserole dish ( so your chicken won't stick)  Arrange your chicken in the casserole dish, sprinkle the top of each piece with Parmesan cheese, and about 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese. Top the chicken with all of the pasta sauce...Bake for 30 minutes uncovered ...Cover the chicken with the rest of the mozzarella cheese bake for an additional 6 to 7 minutes, just until it melts!!!  YUMMO!
prep time..15 minutes..  Finished to the table..45 minutes!


I always pair this with either pasta noodles with olive oil and seasonings or garlic mashed potatoes, and a great big salad!  Since we are all trying to watch those waist lines I have made tonight...Garlic mashed cauliflower!


Garlic Mashed Cauliflower 

1 head of Cauliflower
1 tsp. minced garlic
3 Tbs. butter
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste

This is totally really easy...just clean your cauliflower and cut it off the head..put in a pot of boiling water ( just like you do mashed potatoes)
When your cauliflower is knife tender, turn off and drain water...
Add your butter and start blending until as smooth as you can get it.. It will be a little lumpy!  Add your milk, garlic and salt and pepper

Chunky garlic mashed cauliflower

You will be so excited to know that you can really cook a meal that is truly easy and everyone will think you really slaved over the oven tonight!!!!


See I told you that it wasn't that hard!!!!




Now doesn't that look yummy!!!


Enjoy....Blessings to you all..keep on cooking...

                                                      Tamara










No comments:

Post a Comment