Friday, June 6, 2014

Easy Uptown Cowboy Caviar

Easy Uptown Cowboy Caviar



Oh my goodness friends...If you are looking for a dish to take to ANY kind of gathering....here it is.... UPTOWN COWBOY CAVIAR!!!  I have had this at many parties and never knew what it was called...I have heard many different names until a friend of mine, Angela.. back last Christmas said "Girl you have to make Uptown Cowboy Caviar"...I thought what a name..what is it? She began telling me and I thought Ohhhhhh I have had this and of course it is amazing!!! You should have seen me running through the grocery store getting the rest of the
ingredients to make this....and Lordy it was a HIT!!!! Glad I bought EXTRA chips...cause once you start you can't stop!!!



The best thing about this recipe is...once I had the original recipe...I put other ingredients in to make it my own...YOU do that too!!! Once you get the taste of it...You will be saying "Oh you know what else would be good in this"? So put it in!!!! Have fun with this dip...I know I do!

Fresh produce
Drained canned beans

Easy...UPTOWN COWBOY CAVIAR

1   15 oz can black beans drained
1  15 oz can black-eyed peas drained
1  15 oz can pinto beans drained
1  15 oz can dark red kidney beans drained
1  15 oz can garbanzo beans drained
1  15 oz can sweet yellow & white corn drained
1 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1 medium red bell pepper diced
1 medium yellow bell pepper diced
1 shallot diced ( or use 1/2 of a  purple onion)
1  7 oz jar chopped pimentos
1 minced fresh jalapeno ( I add 2 for hotter)
2 heaping Tbsp. of minced garlic
1 small bunch of fresh chopped cilantro 
Tortilla chips or scoops...a couple of large bags!!!
Everything in the BOWL!


Dressing

1/2 cup of rice vinegar ( don't use any other kind!!!)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup of sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper

Drain all of your cans of beans in a colander and rinse well...Put in a LARGE mixing bowl...dice all of your other vegetables and put into mixing bowl...Make your dressing in a separate bowl.. I use my large glass measuring cup.  Pour dressing all over your bean and vegetable mixture and stir...You will have to transfer this to a container with a lid...Put in refrigerator until ready to serve!  It is better to make this ahead so everything will marinate and merry!! I make this the night before I'm taking it somewhere...or first thing in the morning for that night...Just so it is together for a least 6 to 8 hours!!! It make a bunch!!!

Yummy all mixed together...ready to serve!  Where's those chips???

I promise you....You won't have any left!!!





Awesome Large crowd dips...ummm  Uptown Cowboy Caviar..


Blessings,
Tamara




    











No comments:

Post a Comment